Who we are
Aena Aeropuertos is the world's leading airport operator.
Aena Aeropuertos is the world's leading airport operator. It manages 46 airports and 2 heliports in Spain and participates directly and indirectly in the management of another 23 airports worldwide.
Aena Aeropuertos is a leading company thanks to its experience, capacity and team of airport service management professionals. We offer our customers and users efficient integrated services of the best possible quality in order to make their transit through our airports a pleasant experience.
Our airports are modern and functional. They use the latest technology, designed to improve passengers' experience in the airport, and offer a wide range of top quality retail and catering services. And they are designed for everybody, with full accessibility and a carefully designed support service for people with reduced mobility.
Aena Aeropuertos is a responsible company; it is aware of the importance of its role as an economic driver in the areas of influence of its airports and has an ongoing commitment to development and sustainability.
Aena Aeropuertos carries out the following functions:
- Arrangement, direction, coordination, operation, conservation, administration and management of the airports and heliports managed by Aena.
- Coordination, operation, conservation, administration and management of the civilian areas of shared-use military bases and airports.
- Projects, execution, management and monitoring of investments in the airports.
- Evaluation and planning of new infrastructure and aeronautical and acoustic limitations.
- Public order and security services.
- Training in subjects relating to air transport.
Its income comes from:
- Fees and payment for its activities according to the company mission.
- Fees deriving from concession contracts.
- Income deriving from participation in other companies.
- The product of its debt transactions.
- Current account and capital transfers from Public Administrations, including the European Union.
- Other products and income deriving from the assets and securities constituting its equity.