Discover airport operations
- Marcos García
- Language of the publication:
English edition of the book "Descubrir la operación de aeropuertos" (Discover airport operations).
The dramatic development which, in just one century, has led to aviation and has meant that what was once a kind of hobby practised by a few intrepid enthusiasts, has over time become one of the most important modes of transport for passengers and goods; at the same time there has been a profound transformation from those early airfields with just a few simple huts in which a handful of privileged passengers were attended to.
This transformation has given way to modern facilities, both airside and landside, able to attend to millions of passengers each year and transport thousands of tonnes of goods. Equipped with all kinds of sophisticated technologies to enable aircraft operations to be performed with the highest levels of safety and security, they are at the same time meeting places and places of culture, leisure and shopping for the passengers who pass through their terminal buildings each day. It is not without reason that they are often referred to as “ airport cities”.
Descubrir la operación de aeropuertos submerges readers in this interrelation between aircraft and infrastructures, describing the complex system that is the operation of an airport, but always in simple, straightforward language, as readers are already accustomed to seeing in other books in the collection by professor Marcos García Cruzado.
- No. of pages:
- 16,35 € + Delivery charges
- Ebook Price:
- 8,18 €
- How Aircraft have evolved and airports have changed their shape
- The first aircraft operations
- The users of an airport: Aircraft, passengers and cargo
- Operating airports
- Areas of an airport
- The terminal areas
- Terminal buildings
- Commercial and general aviation aircraft
- The passenger at the airport
- Ground handling services
- Air cargo area
- Rescue and Firefighting Services, RFFS
- Control towers
- The Aircraft movement area
- Visual aircraft operation aids
- Maintenance and upkeep of the ground movement areas
- Severe weather airport operation
- The airport in the surrounding territory
- Aircraft-airport operations
- Airspace management
- Airport certification
- Forms of airport management and operation